You are invited. You have one month.
Take 24 photographs responding to each of the words listed below, in order. You may work in any way you see fit.
Keep in mind that the final exhibition will be 24 people (hopefully) with twenty-four 4″x6″ prints.
If you work in a square format, be prepared to crop or add some type of background ( i.e. polaroids scanned on black) in order to fit into the grid.
Anyone who wants to may complete the extracurricular b-sides: “12 extra
photographs for sesquipedalian sycophants”.
25. perspicacity: clearness of understanding.
26. lugubrious: Mournful; indicating sorrow, often in a way that seems
feigned or ridiculous.
27. salacious: lascivious, lustful or lecherous.
28. bricolage: construction or something constructed by using whatever
materials happen to be available
29. sycophantic: to be a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.
30. defenestrate: To throw out of a window.
31. meta-system: an assemblage or combination of things or parts forming
a complex or unitary whole, existing in a larger system
32. rapprochement: the establishment or state of cordial relations.
33. opportune: suitable for a given purpose or occasion.
34. impassive: devoid of emotion; also, showing no emotion.
35. soporific: causing sleep; also, something that causes sleep.
36. reticent: inclined to keep silent.
Your final images must be received by January 12th. Mail or deliver to:
c/o Visual Studies Workshop
31 Prince Street
Rochester, NY, 14607
RSVP if you’re in.