“This is called Page 123. And here are the rules.
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.”
1. Cheated a little. Went through 3 nearest me before I found a book with more than 78 pages.
2. Damn. Last page in the chapter. Hope there are enough sentences.
3. (Counting in my head)
4. “One day I shall certainly have to start using words to uncover what is real, to uncover my reality. Today, no doubt, I can say that that’s what my project is like. But I know it will not be fully successful until such time as the Poet has been driven from the city once and for all, such time as we can take up a a pickaxe or a spade, a sledge-hammer or a trowel, without laughing, without having the feeling, yet again, that what we are doing is derisory, or a sham, or done to create a stir.” from The Gnocchi of Autumn, Species of Spaces and Other Pieces, George Perec (was originally from Je suis ne).
5. Hey Danny, thanks for the no-touchbacks. Can I start calling you Danny in real life?
Who’s it? I’ll try and make it a Great Northern American mix.
Nathan in New York City.
Ilana in Buffalo.
Luke in Northborough.
Richard in Vancouver.
Krissy in Toronto. (or Ottawa, Kingston, Ghana (?))
Title credit: Back In Your Head, originally by Tegan & Sara, covered by Broken West